How to Troubleshoot Problems with Office for Mac?
Getting trouble creating documents on Word or any other Office app? Well, it can be the issue with your Office for Mac suite and can be fixed by troubleshooting it. Before you precede the troubleshooting process, try restarting your Mac device and then check if the issue persists. Now follow the steps to fix Office for Mac on your own:
- First of all, select Utilities from the Go menu and then launch Disk Utility program.
- Click on your Mac’s main hard drive name and then click on the First Aid tab.
- At select Repair Disk Permissions and check if whether the issue is fixed or not. If the problem persists proceed to next step.
- Perform a safe boot on your Mac by restarting it. Make sure to be logged in with administrator access on your computer and then restart your Mac in Safe mode.
- Now try resetting Office apps on by one such as to reset Word, first of all, close all programs running on your Mac and then click Home.
- Now click on Library option from the Go menu and then click to open the preferences folder.
- Drag com.microsoft.Word.plist file to the desktop or simply open the Microsoft folder is you couldn’t find the file.
- Now check if the issue persists after launching Word again. If the problem still persists or the error shows up again then you need to delete the files you dragged into your desktop. Such issues can arrive because one of the files you’ve dragged into your desktop is corrupted.
We hope after following the above procedure, your Office for Mac is working totally fine. However, if you need help regarding any other issue, visit www.office.com/setup for Mac for more knowledgeable blogs and resources. You can also dial our customer support number +1800-958-211.